[CentOS] died again

Michael Hennebry hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu
Tue Nov 26 17:34:04 UTC 2013

On Tue, 26 Nov 2013, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:

> Michael Hennebry wrote:
>> Ouch.
>> $200+ before installation,
>> and I'd still have a computer some Linuxes don't like.
>
> Expensive board. Is this at home? I got a Gigabyte board and Core I-3

Yes.  It's the only computer I've owned with
either a hard drive or more than 8K of memory.

I've used others.

> combo at MicroCenter for under $200, I think. "Installation"? Hey, we're
> sysadmins, we build our own systems! <g>

What's this "we"?
I've opened the case three times and done four things:
I've installed a new hard drive.  The old one is still working.
I've zapped the original video card, AGP.
I've blown dust.
I've had someone else install new RAM.

When I get up the nerve to open it again,
I'll blow dust and look for misplaced intestines.

In the mean time, I'll boot back to CentOS and see how long it lasts.

whom I teach not to run with scissors,
that my fiance ran me through with a broadsword."  --  Lily