[CentOS] died again

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Tue Nov 26 19:05:34 UTC 2013

Les Mikesell wrote:

>>> F14 crashed once since CentOS started crashing.
>>
>> Sounds like CentOS hits something somewhere that FC14 hits more rarely.
>
> Or just random and too small a sample to draw conclusions....  Back
> when computer hardware was expensive compared to human time it was fun
> do debug stuff like that.  Now, replacing it with something new would
> probably save money in the long run just from power usage.   Not to
> mention working 10x faster.

Depends on the cost of the system, and the budget... and it sounds to me
as though the OP is working on his own system, and his budget approaches
$1 as a limit.... I understand that all too well (though it's not an issue
for me these days).

To the OP: is this a gaming machine, or just what you use? You mentioned
$200 before install - I've seen refurbed entire desktops for $300.

      mark