[CentOS] Unsupported Hardware that works fine?

Lists lists at benjamindsmith.com
Tue Nov 26 20:17:47 UTC 2013

On 11/25/2013 05:04 PM, John R Pierce wrote:
> On 11/25/2013 4:42 PM, Lists wrote:
>> I recently purchased a set of ASRock Intel i5 MB/CPU combos for a budget
>> compute cluster. Every time we load up a system and try to boot with a
>> recent EL6/64 ISO, we get a message that reads:
>>
>>    > This hardware (or a combination thereof) is not supported by CentOS.
>> For more
>>    > information on supported hardware, plesae refer to
>> http://www.centos.org/hardware
>>
>> Not only does the hardware*seem*  to work to expectations, but the url
>> referenced goes to 404!
>>
>> Having loaded CentOS6 on many systems without ever seeing this message,
>> I have to ask how to determine what might be triggering it and whether
>> or not I should be concerned?
> what chipset and which core i5 (there's at least 3, maybe 4 generations
> of 'core i5' processors now)
Chipset is Intel Q87. i5 4670, 3.4 Ghz, LGA1150 socket. ASROCK Q87 Vpro
MB, 32 GB DDR3/1600 RAM.

> do you still get that error after a `yum update -y`  and a reboot ?

Error only shows during the install, just before loading X11 for the
setup. Again, I've had these systems torture tested for my needs for
days without issue.

Just wondering if there's a way to figure out what caused the message,
and/or if I should expect something to *not* work?

-Ben