[CentOS] Weird netinstall issue

geleem at bellsouth.net
Tue Oct 1 06:49:30 UTC 2013

hello phil,

On 09/29/2013 10:49 PM, Phil Dobbin wrote:
> Hi.
>
> The other day I burnt a copy of a CentOS 6.4 64 bit netinstall disc,
> verified the disc which passed & about a third of the way through the
> install it informed me that there was no CD in the drive & refused to
> carry on.
>
> So I burnt another & the same thing happened. So using the same disk
> burner & the same batch of disks, I burnt a copy of a Debian 7.1
> netinstall & it installed perfectly.
>
> Any thoughts gladly welcome (the CentOS disc was downloaded from the
> CentOS repos).

1st, i would not consider a net install unless i was protected by
going thru a good firewall server.

'cyoa'. too many 'crazies' out there.

as for 'no CD in drive', possible reason is something is being
picked off cd and drive is slow waking up and install is not
allowing enough time.

best bet all around, pull a dvd install iso, burn and make install,
then run update.

hth.

--

peace out.