[CentOS] Is Java insecure ?

Mark LaPierre marklapier at aol.com
Sat Oct 5 22:21:09 UTC 2013

On 10/05/2013 10:21 AM, Patrick wrote:
> Hi Everyone
>
> I am considering learning Java. There have been well publicized Java
> security incidents recently that make me not want to learn it.
>
> However it's in Centos and I trust Centos, are the concerns in the media
> blown out of proportion ?
>
> -Patrick

First, just in case you're confused, Java, and Java Script, are two
totally different things.  Only the names are similar to confuse the
innocent.  Just like Visual Basic, VBScript, and Virtual Basic for
Applications (VBA) are three totally different things with similar names
just to confuse the innocent.

Java Script is as secure as any other reasonably applied scripting
language.  Java, which runs on a Java Virtual Machine (JVM) is know in
the trade as (J)ust (A)nother (V)ulnerability (A)nnouncement.  Java
should never be enabled in a web browser.

If your intention is to write Java applications then go for it.

--
    _
   °v°