[CentOS] Wireless connection issue - athero 9300 pci wireless card

Xianyi

xzhan135 at hawk.iit.edu
Wed Oct 9 17:40:45 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I am new to CentOS. I built myself a desktop with an additional PCI
wireless card 'TP-LInk WPN3800', which I have checked needs an ath9k driver.
*
**04:00.0 Network controller: Atheros Communications Inc. AR9300
Wireless LAN adaptor*

Following the wireless connection tutorial on CentOS wiki, I have both
kernel-devel 2.6.6 and ath9k installed. Then I tried
*
$ modprobe ath9k

*but nothing happened.

Then I input

*$ service NetworkManager start
$ chkconfig NetworkManager on

*to access the Network Manager and no wireless connection options appear.

I do not think it is a big problem for you guys, but I am really a
beginner. Please share me some solutions for that.

Thank you!