[CentOS] [CEntOS] - problem with iptables

Dale Dellutri daledellutri at gmail.com
Thu Oct 10 14:21:10 UTC 2013

On Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 9:13 AM, Paolo De Michele
<paolo at paolodemichele.it>wrote:

> sorry, but now if I modify /etc/sysconfig/iptables and I add two strings,
> per example:
>
> output omitted
> -----
> -A INPUT -s ddns.no-ip.org -p icmp -j ACCEPT
> -A INPUT -j DROP
> ------
> output omitted
>
> and I do:
>
> service iptables save
> and
> restart my iptables firewall, output iptables -L is:
>
> -A INPUT -j DROP
> -A INPUT -s ddns.no-ip.org -p icmp -j ACCEPT
>
> why?

When you do
  # service iptables save
it over-writes /etc/sysconfig/iptables with the active set of
iptables, so your changes are lost.  One way to do what
you want is to modify /etc/sysconfig/iptables, then do
  # service iptables restart
This will reload the iptables from /etc/sysconfig/iptables

--
Dale Dellutri