[CentOS] display full-screen color graphic without X

Frank Cox theatre at melvilletheatre.com
Sat Oct 12 16:01:44 UTC 2013

On Sat, 12 Oct 2013 11:29:56 -0400
ken wrote:

> > You probably want the fbi image viewer that comes in the fbida rpm.
>
> Thanks, Frank.  But a yum search didn't turn up anything for me.  Maybe
> it on some repo I'm not configured for.  Do you happen to know which
> repo I could get it from?

Name        : fbida
Arch        : x86_64
Version     : 2.07
Release     : 8.el6
Size        : 70 k
Repo        : epel
Summary     : FrameBuffer Imageviewer
URL         : http://linux.bytesex.org/fbida/
License     : GPLv2+
Description : fbi displays the specified file(s) on the linux console using the
            : framebuffer device. PhotoCD, jpeg, ppm, gif, tiff, xwd, bmp and
            : png are supported directly. For other formats fbi tries to use
            : ImageMagick's convert.