[CentOS] Sound Volume Setting At Login

Mark LaPierre marklapier at aol.com
Sat Oct 12 21:41:53 UTC 2013

On 10/10/2013 11:35 PM, Frank Cox wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Oct 2013 22:27:37 -0400
> Mark LaPierre wrote:
>
>> There is no check box at log out.  Just a dialog box with three buttons:
>> [Switch User] [Cancel] [Log Out]
>
> System-Preferences-Startup Application-Options

Hey Frank,

Thank you for helping me find the "Save Current Session" button.
Unfortunately it did not solve the problem with the low sound level at
log in.  The sound is working, but sound level is still set at about
35%.  I can adjust it up to 100% quite easily, but it's a pain.  Other
users on the same system have their sound level set at 100% at log in
without having to adjust anything.

These are the sound related programs that are running on my system.

ps aux
/usr/bin/pulseaudio --start --log-target=syslog
/usr/libexec/pulse/gconf-helper
gnome-volume-control-applet

Is there a mail list for the pulse audio?  Maybe I can find a person who
specializes in the subject who might be able to help me with this
seemingly unusual problem.

--
    _
   °v°