[CentOS] installing on second drive

SilverTip257 silvertip257 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 15 16:26:00 UTC 2013

On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 9:12 AM, Steve Clark <sclark at netwolves.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> My concern is that the installer will see the F14 / and /boot partitions
> on the first

The installer shouldn't mess with them.
Unless you choose a guided disk layout that removes existing partitions or
formats existing file systems ... you should be fine.  But you'll want to
choose the option for manual partitioning.

> drive and try to install there as opposed to the newly created / and /boot
> partitions
> on the second drive.

Just unhook the second drive.
It's a simple, [hopefully] quick way of avoiding a catastrophe and you
don't have to back up the partitions or MBR on that disk.

Make sure your volume group names are unique [if using LVM] or that you use
labels or UUIDs.
When you hook that primary drive back up, the drive naming will change for
the secondary drive.

--
Mike