[CentOS] which kernel do people use?

Jake Shipton jakems at fedoraproject.org
Fri Oct 25 00:11:40 UTC 2013

On Tue, 22 Oct 2013 19:44:44 -0700
Keith Keller <kkeller at wombat.san-francisco.ca.us> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm doing a very informal and unscientific poll: which kernel do you
> use on your CentOS machines?
> <You just got the snip>

I use kernel-ml from elrepo for my Desktop due to hardware support as
my hardware fails to even try to boot with the stock kernel as it used
to just kernel-panic when I first got my new hardware, now on the most
recent stock kernel just dies with USB errors (Prior to even
attempting to start services etc.)

kernel-ml works and boots just fine but it sure was fun and games
getting CentOS installed and working...

All of our servers run the stock CentOS kernel as all hardware
appears to be supported and we need the stability more so than a
desktop does.

Kind Regards,
Jake Shipton (JakeMS)
GPG Key: 0xE3C31D8F
GPG Fingerprint: 7515 CC63 19BD 06F9 400A DE8A 1D0B A5CF E3C3 1D8F