[CentOS] I want to make own pbx server

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Tue Oct 29 05:03:56 UTC 2013

On 10/28/2013 9:41 PM, Chandran Manikandan wrote:
> I want to make own ip pbx server for our office with need to call local
> extension through soft dialer.
> How to make this system without any pstn provider.

reinventing the wheel.   roll your own telephony will suck up an
infinite supply of your time and energy, and likely end up with a system
that noone but you can understand and manage.   you'll still need a PSTN
provider if you want to be able to make/receive outside calls from this
system.

and yeah, asterisk.org is the building block that enables all this
wonderful stuff