[CentOS] Run one-time startup script

Fri Sep 20 12:48:34 UTC 2013
Carl T. Miller <carl at carltm.com>

Kai Schaetzl wrote:
> I have to change IP numbers across a number of virtual and physical
> machines because of network center move. This has to be done before
> network startup, of course. I'm thinking about the best method to do this.
> Where should I include/init this script? Or would it rather make more
> sense to do this on the last shutdown?

I just noticed that this is a one-time occurrence after
the move to a new network.  In this case there is no need
to schedule the at job.  Just make a backup of files you
are changing, then make the changes.  They will not take
effect immediately unless you restart any of the services.
(So don't restart an services or reboot the server prior
to the move.)

Plan a time to make the changes prior to shutting down at
the old data center.  They should come up correctly in the
new environment.