[CentOS] RPM Build Guidance

Patrick Flaherty pflaherty at wsi.com
Wed Sep 4 14:00:22 UTC 2013

I think you should learn how to package rpms, it's a really useful skill.

That being said, you should also learn how to steal.  Musescore is already
packaged for Fedora under the name mscore. You can probably steal their
srpm. Install the src rpm and run rpmbuild -ba on the spec. It should be a
good starting point. Should be easy if you already got it compiled and
running. The easiest theiving is using the fedora package from your version
of centos was derived from (
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux#Relationship_to_free_and_community_distributions
).

Best,