[CentOS] [Solved] Re: Qeury regarding 64GB SSD + 2tb?

Rajagopal Swaminathan

raju.rajsand at gmail.com
Sat Sep 7 05:26:33 UTC 2013

Greetings,

On Sat, Sep 7, 2013 at 10:18 AM, Rajagopal Swaminathan
<raju.rajsand at gmail.com> wrote:

> To my knowlege, a root file system of size 64GB should be handled
> peacefully by centos.
>
> GPT comes into picture only on > 2tb partitions for different mountpoints.

I changed the label on the 64 GB ssd to msdos using parted in the
ctrl+alt+F2 terminal window just before the partitioning.

select /dev/sdc
mklabel msdos
(warned about removal and asked for confirmation and I assented)
quit

switched to GUI
Retried partitiong, formatting through the standard installer GUI and
it booted and mounted the 2tb md device on home.

So far so good.

Thanks for the member's indulgence.

--
Regards,