[CentOS] mouse "stuck"

Michael Hennebry hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu
Sun Sep 8 13:19:59 UTC 2013

On Sun, 8 Sep 2013, Robert Nichols wrote:

> On 09/08/2013 12:31 AM, Michael Hennebry wrote:
>> Sommetimes, for no apparent reason, my mouse cursor will become
>> four arrows and suddenly I cannot do anything with my desktop.
>> I can move the cursor and that is it.
>> Clicking has no effect.
>
> Have you tried pressing the [ESC] key? Sounds like you somehow got
> into "Move" mode.

That is what it looked like to me also,
not that I could move anyting.
In any case, [ESC] had no effect.

I could use cntrl-alt-backspace to kill the session,
but that seems too much like giving up.
This has happened to me before.
I'd like a different solution.

whom I teach not to run with scissors,
that my fiance ran me through with a broadsword."  --  Lily