[CentOS] Setting up postfix under CentOS-6

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Thu Sep 12 21:39:01 UTC 2013

Patrick Lists wrote:

> Read "Postfix: The Definitive Guide" or "The Book of Postfix". Years ago
> I read the first and used it to setup multiple domains with virtual
> accounts. Works perfectly to this day. Also heard good things about the
> 2nd book. Both should give you ample knowledge how to setup Postfix.

I'm sure you are right.
But I don't really want to _learn_ about postfix,
I just want to use it.

=> Imho the Postfix documentation is excellent. Admittedly it does not do
> any handholding but once you are familiar with it, it's very helpful to
> have such an elaborate overview of all possible options.

Too much information is just as bad, if not worse, than too little.
It does not help to list all possible options if there are hundreds of them,
since one has to start by working out which can possibly be relevant.
There is a big difference between a user manual and a reference manual.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net