[CentOS] Run one-time startup script

Kai Schaetzl

maillists at conactive.com
Fri Sep 20 12:31:04 UTC 2013

I have to change IP numbers across a number of virtual and physical
machines because of network center move. This has to be done before
network startup, of course. I'm thinking about the best method to do this.
Where should I include/init this script? Or would it rather make more
sense to do this on the last shutdown?

Changes largely involve removing old files and putting new files in place
(resolv.conf, hosts, sysconfig/network + network-scripts, firewall,
postfix, httpd etc.). The only other change besides replacing files would
be changing the IP address in a webcontrol interface in a MySQL table, so
this part has to be done after MySQL startup.

Could be run-once or have to disable manually after successful startup.

Thanks,

Kai