[CentOS] Anyone using CentOS Active Directory like system?

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Mon Sep 30 04:56:16 UTC 2013

On 9/29/2013 5:51 PM, Gordon Messmer wrote:
> If you don't need Group Policy support, you can use FreeIPA to
> authenticate Windows and Linux guests:
> http://www.freeipa.org/page/Main_Page

noting that FreeIPA is built around the 389 Directory project the OP
already mentioned...

I'd test this over Samba as a AD replacement.....   but, if your
environment includes a lot of windows client systems, and expects to use
Active Directory group policies to closely manage those windows
systems,  none of these solutions will come close to what the 'real
thing' offers.