[CentOS] Weird netinstall issue

zGreenfelder zgreenfelder at gmail.com
Mon Sep 30 12:18:20 UTC 2013

On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 6:13 AM, Carl T. Miller <carl at carltm.com> wrote:

> Phil Dobbin wrote:
> > The other day I burnt a copy of a CentOS 6.4 64 bit netinstall disc,
> > verified the disc which passed & about a third of the way through the
> > install it informed me that there was no CD in the drive & refused to
> > carry on.
> >
> > So I burnt another & the same thing happened. So using the same disk
> > burner & the same batch of disks, I burnt a copy of a Debian 7.1
> > netinstall & it installed perfectly.
> >
> > Any thoughts gladly welcome (the CentOS disc was downloaded from the
> > CentOS repos).
>
> Dust is the one thought that comes to mind.  Try either
> blowing air into devices or getting some kind of cd/dvd
> device cleaner.

I'd say you should probably do an MD5 sum of the centos netinstall iso you
downloaded
and make sure it matches the entry in the .md5sum file that should be in
the same directory
where you got the iso -- assuming that 'verified the disc' means only that
the burner software
verified the iso image matches the disc.