[CentOS] package conflict with libmodplug in rpmforge and epel

Thu Apr 17 17:23:42 UTC 2014

Chris wrote:
> On 04/17/2014 06:41 PM, Greg Bailey wrote:
>> Among the repos listed on
>> http://wiki.centos.org/AdditionalResources/Repositories I've been using
>> LinuxTECH.NET for MP3, vlc, and related packages with success.  Between
>> EPEL and LinuxTECH.NET, I've been able to replace most of what I
>> formerly used rpmforge for.
>
> Thank you. For the time being, I'll use rpmforge, but if there are any
> further conflicts, I'll also switch to linuxtech.net.

I believe I'm mentioned this before, but we use epel and rpmfusion (free
and non-free). I have zero problems playing mpegs, avi (we use mplayer to
view our surveillance .avis), and oh, right, I'm listening to streaming
media via firefox at the moment, but later it'll be folkalley.com via
mplayer.

        mark