[CentOS] Samba4 questions

Wed Apr 23 12:49:12 UTC 2014
James B. Byrne <byrnejb at harte-lyne.ca>

On Tue, April 22, 2014 15:02, John R Pierce wrote:

> In Microsoft's Active Directory, you put users and systems in "OU"
> (Organizational Units), and each OU can have group policies and those
> policies can specify login scripts, these can do things like map network
> drives for users.   Presumably, Samba's implementation of AD offers a
> similar facility, but I don't think the domain management tools in Samba
> are anywhere near as well integrated or full featured as what you get
> with a Windows Server system.

>From what I have read on the subject the recommended path for Samba4
management is to install MicroSoft's Remote Server Administration Tools for
Windows X package, where X is whatever version of MS-Windows you run as a
domain member workstation client.  Earlier forms of the software were called
Windows Server Y Administrative Tools Pack where Y refers to the server
version (2000, 2003, etc.)

Canada  L8E 3C3