[CentOS] bind zone files graphical management tool

Fri Aug 29 20:39:51 UTC 2014
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

> On a server that does not have a gui, only command line.
>
> In the past I have used webmin, and was happy with it, but it is more
> than I really need.
>
> I COULD rsync the files to my notebook and maintain them there. Probably
> should just for backup!
>
> But is there anything else that is 'safe' to use.  vi gets tiring after
> a while.

when I first started doing DNS, I used this perl script that read a
hosts-like file and generated the zone files automatically.   this
worked great as long as my requirements were fairly simple, but once
they exceeded a certain complexity level I've been using VI ever since.

never liked those webmin style 'consoles', as they've always seemed like
HUGE security risks.