[CentOS] CentOS 6 - Lost Console Login

Tue Aug 5 00:47:13 UTC 2014
Kirk Bocek <t004 at kbocek.com>

Just had a problem with CentOS 6.5 x86_64 after the last kernel upgrade.
It looks like the boot sector got hosed somehow and the system was
unbootable. I was able to fix it with a boot to an install image USB and
running grub-install. System is now bootable.

However, I've lost the system console. No login prompt is provided at
the console.

The system boots and is remotely accessible. Services seem just fine. I
don't see any error messages after booting, either dmesg or
/var/log/messages.

Can anyone tell me what packages provide console login so I can try a
reinstall.

Thanks.