[CentOS] Motion Detecting Camera

Peter Wood peterwood.sd at gmail.com
Mon Feb 3 18:54:15 UTC 2014

We control 20+ cameras with a single CentoOS server running zoneminder:
http://www.zoneminder.com/

Just buy cheap cameras that have one of the interfaces zoneminder supports.
We use continuos sftp upload (1fps, no sound). Motion detection is way more
superior in zoneminder then any built-in solution on the camera itself, so
motion detection on the cameras is disabled. To get more fps and sound you
may have to use some other interface but it may require more computing
power.

-- Peter