[CentOS] virtualisation

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Tue Feb 4 07:38:26 UTC 2014

On 2/3/2014 1:31 PM, Ridhwaan Mayet wrote:
> I run a small company and I would like to virtualise our setup. My internet
> provider offers a cloud server running CentOS. The server is managed by
> vmware software, they haven't been able to tell me exactly what. I wanted
> to know is it possible to virtualise such a setup, and Have CentOS running
> as the virtual OS that every client sees. Is there a solution similar to
> vmware view + client for CentOS servers?

wait, if your ISP is already virtualizing your internet server, I'm not
sure what you're asking?

do you want to run your own hardware server and host virtual machines
for your customers/clients ?  then, yes, KVM + virt-manager is a good
solution.

you can't run virtualization under an already virtualized environment.

btw, it sounds like your ISP is using vmware esxi as the hypervisor, but
thats just an educated guess based on the minimal intel given.