[CentOS] OT hard disk geometry

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Sat Feb 8 19:05:04 UTC 2014

Miguel Medalha wrote:

> Also, the drive itself can be defective. I once received two new WD high
> end drives that couldn't be detected by any controller and I had to return
> them. The new ones worked fine.

Thanks for all your help, and to the others who advised me.

I found that the drive worked in the end -
I'm not sure what did the trick,
I sprayed the contacts with Contact Cleaner,
changed the drive to a different bay,
took the drive out of its tray and re-installed it using Torx screws
(though I'm sure the last made no difference).

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net