[CentOS] [OT] Video card radiator

Michael Hennebry hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu
Mon Feb 10 23:17:10 UTC 2014

On Mon, 10 Feb 2014, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:

> g wrote:
>> On 02/10/2014 10:15 AM, Michael Hennebry wrote:
>> <>
>>> I'm considering wrapping a thin piece of cardboard in electrical tape
>>> and sliding it under the lower end of the radiator.
>>
>> i do hope you give that one hell of a lot of consideration.
>>
>> you are dealing with a *heat sink*, aka *HOT*, tho maybe just warm,
>> or too warm to hold you hand on.
>
> I agree. The on-chip sensors warn us if it goes over, um, 76, I think.
>
> Celsius.
> <snip>
>> something on order of fiberglass or even a broken piece of a pcb
>> with traces removed.
>
> Broken piece of Pyrex?

Don't have any of those.
Might have some epoxy I could coat the cardboard with.

That said, from pictures of other such radiators,
mine appears to be normal.
How do the the others keep from shorting out their cards?

"SCSI is NOT magic. There are *fundamental technical
reasons* why it is necessary to sacrifice a young
goat to your SCSI chain now and then."   --   John Woods