[CentOS] new Centos 6.5 32 bit yum issue

rajkumar raj kkmvino at yahoo.in
Wed Feb 19 10:01:04 UTC 2014

check following
#cd /etc/yum.repos.d
check whether base.repo is available and then remove that file

You can freshly install latest epel from location accorindg to your version
http://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel

Then you can try yum

 On Tue, 2014-02-18 at 20:32 -0800, Dave Stevens wrote:

 > >> When I fire up the virtualbox VM Centos starts
 as I would expect, but
 > >> when I try to use yum list updates (or any of
 several other yum
 > >> command I've tried) I get a repo error - "
 > >> Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
 > >> Could not retrieve mirrorlist
 > >> http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=6&arch=i386&repo=os
 error was
 > >> 14: PYCURL ERROR 6 - "Couldn't resolve host
 'mirrorlist.centos.org'"
 > >> Error: Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo:
 base

 > seems so - I have a terminal and can ping out and ftp,
 the host
 > computer is a home ubuntu box on a wifi network, I'm
 typing right now
 > on another computer on the same network, I'm not aware
 of any
 > connectivity issues, I haven't set up any proxy.

 I got exactly the same problem due to a firewall (IP Tables)
 stopping
 traffic.  Ensure port 80 is open.

 --
 Paul.