[CentOS] createrepo command for 6.4 respin

Steve Clark sclark at netwolves.com
Thu Feb 20 12:00:22 UTC 2014

On 02/20/2014 01:21 AM, Ashish Yadav wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 9:27 PM, Steve Clark <sclark at netwolves.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi List,
>>
>> I have been searching for the correct createrepo command to make a 6.4
>> respin.
>> We have been doing this with previous versions using
>> createrepo -u "media://$discinfo" -g ${DIR}/my_kickstart${VER}/comps.xml .
>>
> What kind of error you are getting when you type above command?

Actually I should have been more clear. The above command works fine but when I try to actually use
my new iso image - all goes well up to the point where the repo is needed and I get an error message
from anaconda saying it can find the repo.

I did get it to work by going back and doing the build of the 6.x iso under CentOS 5.x and all worked.

One thing I noticed is the output of the createrepo command under 6.4 had md5 filenames like
repodata/e7264c5a718d3d8b6fd4bb966ee52c81374e5f16d3882cec5cef1a145fb3a158-filelists.xml.gz
but when I build under 5.x all I see is
repodata/filelists.xml.gz

--
Stephen Clark