[CentOS] Monitor Wireless Networks OT

Tom Bishop

bishoptf at gmail.com
Thu Feb 20 15:43:31 UTC 2014

On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 9:39 AM, Joseph Hesse <joehesse at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I am having interference with my neighbouring wireless networks.
> Is there a linux tool that enables me to monitor the ESSID, channel,
> power output and other information for neighbouring wireless networks?
> I am especially interested in the channel so I can choose a different one.
> Thank you,
> Joe

There is a really good Android app, WIFI analyzer
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.farproc.wifi.analyzer if
you have access to a phone or better yet a tablet.  Very nice and allows
you to look at all kinds of things, I also know of another one called Wifi
Radar for linux but not nears as good.