[CentOS] Monitor Wireless Networks OT

Billy Crook bcrook at riskanalytics.com
Thu Feb 20 17:52:14 UTC 2014

there's the iwlist command.  I put together an awk script to columnate
the data I cared about, and a cronjob that runs it analyzes it for
things i care about (like neighbors using my same or similar network
name, same frequencies, etc, and put it in a cronjob to log and email
me anomalies.

Works pretty well.  I can share my script and awk if helpful

On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 9:43 AM, Tom Bishop <bishoptf at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 9:39 AM, Joseph Hesse <joehesse at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> I am having interference with my neighbouring wireless networks.
>> Is there a linux tool that enables me to monitor the ESSID, channel,
>> power output and other information for neighbouring wireless networks?
>> I am especially interested in the channel so I can choose a different one.
>> Thank you,
>> Joe
>>

> There is a really good Android app, WIFI analyzer
> https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.farproc.wifi.analyzer if
> you have access to a phone or better yet a tablet.  Very nice and allows
> you to look at all kinds of things, I also know of another one called Wifi
> Radar for linux but not nears as good.

Billy Crook * Network and Security Administrator * RiskAnalytics, LLC