[CentOS] CentOS x86_64 6.4

Steve Clark

sclark at netwolves.com
Fri Feb 21 16:09:00 UTC 2014

Hi List,

Strange problem.

I am running off of CentOS x86_64 6.4 usb key that is sdb

I have ssd disk that has a centos image on it. I have mounted
the partitions /dev/sda3 as /mnt/sysimage
and /dev/sda1 as /mnt/sysimage/boot

I am trying to chroot to /mnt/sysimage dir but get the following error.

[root at localhost root]# /usr/sbin/chroot /mnt/sysimage /bin/bash
/usr/sbin/chroot: failed to run command `/bin/bash': No such file or directory

[root at localhost root]# ls /mnt/sysimage/
bin   dev  home  lost+found  opt   root  selinux  sys  usr
boot  etc  lib   media       proc  sbin  smb      tmp  var

[root at localhost root]# ls /mnt/sysimage/bin/bash
/mnt/sysimage/bin/bash

[root at localhost root]# ls /bin/bash
/bin/bash

[root at localhost root]# ls -al /mnt/sysimage/bin/bash
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 903272 Feb 21  2013 /mnt/sysimage/bin/bash

[root at localhost root]# file /mnt/sysimage/bin/bash
/mnt/sysimage/bin/bash: ELF 64-bit LSB executable, x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), dyn
amically linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux 2.6.18, stripped

I can't figure out why this doesn't work. I use to be able to do this.

Anyone have any ideas.

--
Stephen Clark
*NetWolves*