[CentOS] Need help resolving yum update issues on mixed architecture system

Alfred von Campe alfred at von-campe.com
Tue Feb 25 04:13:45 UTC 2014

On Feb 24, 2014, at 18:59, John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com> wrote:

> how did you do these installs?      I've never had trouble doing it via
> yum, like:   yum install glibc.i686

That's exactly what I did, and it worked fine (I can compile our 32-bit apps), but I get the error when I try to do the "yum update".

> but then, I've only done this on centos 6

So have I.  I only mentioned CentOS 7 because it was supposed to be 64-bit only (but now it seems that the CentOS team is working on an i686 release for CentOS 7).

Alfred