[CentOS] Migration from 32 to 64 bits

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Wed Feb 26 15:43:35 UTC 2014

On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 10:49 PM, Fabrizio Di Carlo
<dicarlo.fabrizio at gmail.com> wrote:
> Well... I have 8GBs of RAM... But the point is: how is the best way to do
> this migration? How backup data?

I usually make a full backup of /etc - not to restore, but to be able
to check/compare any old settings I might want to duplicate after the
re-install.   If you aren't running database, web, or mail servers,
'your' data should all be under /home, so save that, re-install, and
put it back.   If you have plenty of storage space, you could use
either the 'rear' package or clonezilla-live to make an image copy
that would restore your system to its current state in the unlikely
event that you want that.

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com