[CentOS] SSSD and usermod

Mitja Mihelič mitja.mihelic at arnes.si
Tue Jan 7 12:57:04 UTC 2014

Hi Dimitar!

We only want to SSSD with 389DS instead of the local passwd/shadow
files. We do not want to go full IPA for this server.

Setting up SSSD with authconfig automatically set up PAM and
/etc/nsswitch.conf.
SSSD will only be used for these (nsswitch.conf):
passwd:    files sss
shadow:    files sss
services:   files sss
I have also attached our sssd.conf.
Currently getent and id cmdline tools work as expected by getting user
info from SSSD which in turn gets it from 389DS/LDAP. SSH also works.

We are starting to lean toward the possibility, that usermod and its
sibling utils from shadow-utils do not support SSSD as fully as we were
expecting them to.
Is this the case and can any other cmdline user administration tools be
used to lock users?

I know there is the possibility of making our own tools for this, but
still...

Regards, Mitja

--
Mitja Mihelič
ARNES, Tehnološki park 18, p.p. 7, SI-1001 Ljubljana, Slovenia