[CentOS] FF 24 is borked: One must have tabs, like it or not!

Robert Heller

heller at deepsoft.com
Tue Jan 7 15:21:22 UTC 2014

I just did a yum update on my CentOS 5.10 desktop machine and it installed FF
24.  And tabs have appeared and cannot be [really] removed!  Arg!!!  *I HATE
TABS!*  (Yes I did installed the "hide tabs when there is only one tab"
plugin, but that is not really a complete solution.)

In the Mozilla support forum thread relating to this
(https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/968331) there is mention of
SeaMonkey which has better control of tabs and I was wondering: is there a
supported version of SeaMonkey that will install under RHEL5 / CentOS5?
Specificly, I am looking for RPMs for SeaMonkey, rather than the tarball
install.

Robert Heller             -- 978-544-6933 / heller at deepsoft.com