[CentOS] [CentOS-announce] CentOS Project joins forces with Red Hat

Always Learning centos at u62.u22.net
Wed Jan 8 01:04:29 UTC 2014

On Tue, 2014-01-07 at 21:09 +0000, Karanbir Singh wrote:

> With great excitement I'd like to announce that we are joining the Red
> Hat family. The CentOS Project ( http://www.centos.org ) is joining
> forces with Red Hat. Working as part of the Open Source and Standards
> team ( http://community.redhat.com/ ) to foster rapid innovation
> beyond the platform into the next generation of emerging technologies.
> Working alongside the Fedora and RHEL ecosystems, we hope to further
> expand on the community offerings by providing a platform that is
> easily consumed, by other projects to promote their code while we
> maintain the established base.

But there is more to Red Hat's de facto "take-over" including the
imposition of USA's domestic law on citizens all around the world.

The compulsory imposition of USA law on all Centos downloaders creates
the possibility of being arrested in one's home country and sent to the
USA for a criminal trial.  A few people in Britain have been extradited
to the USA for criminal trials for matters which are not criminal in
Britain.

Can anyone remember seeing this on the old Centos .... ?

http://www.centos.org/legal/

Export Regulations

By downloading CentOS software, you acknowledge that you understand all
of the following: CentOS software and technical information may be
subject to the U.S. Export Administration Regulations (the “EAR”) and
other U.S. and foreign laws and may not be exported, re-exported or
transferred (a) to any country listed in Country Group E:1 in Supplement
No. 1 to part 740 of the EAR (currently, Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan
& Syria); (b) to any prohibited destination or to any end user who has
been prohibited from participating in U.S. export transactions by any
federal agency of the U.S. government; or (c) for use in connection with
the design, development or production of nuclear, chemical or biological
weapons, or rocket systems, space launch vehicles, or sounding rockets,
or unmanned air vehicle systems. You may not download CentOS software or
technical information if you are located in one of these countries or
otherwise subject to these restrictions. You may not provide CentOS
software or technical information to individuals or entities located in
one of these countries or otherwise subject to these restrictions. You
are also responsible for compliance with foreign law requirements
applicable to the import, export and use of CentOS software and
technical information.

This is a Community mantained site. Red Hat, Inc is not responsible for
its content.

--
Paul.
England,

   Our systems are exclusively Linux. No Micro$oft Windoze here.