[CentOS] Forward http traffic

Joseph Spenner joseph85750 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 8 17:50:59 UTC 2014

----- "Nikolaos Milas" <nmilas at noa.gr> escreveu:

> De: "Nikolaos Milas" <nmilas at noa.gr>
> Enviadas: Quarta-feira, 8 de Janeiro de 2014 11:02:48 (GMT-0300) Auto-Detected
> Assunto: Re: [CentOS] Forward http traffic
>
> On 8/1/2014 11:54 πμ, Antonio da Silva Martins Junior wrote:
>
> > Well, I had only used with a "range". Maybe you can take a look on a
> > software load-balancer, like haproxy, or use something like nginx.
> > Then forward to the load-balancer instead to the servers.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Actually, I don't want load balancing; I want incoming http traffic
> (to port 8080) to be forwarded to *ALL* defined target IP addresses.

What is the goal (other than forward 1 request to 2 servers)?
It would kinda be a mess, since each server would reply to the request(s).
Are you trying to have a pair of web servers sync'd up identically for disaster / redundancy purposes?

======

If life gives you lemons, keep them-- because hey.. free lemons.

"~heart~ Sticker"  fixer:  http://microflush.org/stuff/stickers/heartFix.html