[CentOS] CentOS Project joins forces with Red Hat

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Thu Jan 9 12:47:37 UTC 2014

On 01/09/2014 12:09 AM, Les Mikesell wrote:
> I'd throw SMEserver, ClearOS, and the old (up to CentOS5) version of
> K12LTSP in that bucket too.   Maybe someone will roll a new K12LTSP
> that comes up working as installed again now.

The focus from the project side is going to be creating the infra and
resources that allows arbitary stuff like that to come in and be
successful at doing what they are doing on CentOS.

But keep in mind that opportunities to get involved will come up on both
sides - ie. help the CentOS project do the buildout as well as on the
SIG's side to do the work that people like k12ltsp folks need to consume
those resources.

> Is this likely to result in Scientific Linux converging with the base version?

That would be nice. And they are certainly welcome.

--
Karanbir Singh