[CentOS] Why does 'mysql' user has /bin/bash shell?

Warren Young warren at etr-usa.com
Fri Jan 10 20:17:27 UTC 2014

On 1/10/2014 13:09, Reindl Harald wrote:

> i know that but the question is still WHY

I don't think there is a good reason.  Someone made a mistake.  File a
bug report upstream.

I've now downloaded and examined the .src.rpm for every 6.x point
release plus that for 5.10, and they all do this.

On skimming the changelog section of the spec file, I can't see an entry
that explains why this was done.  However, I might have more success if
I knew the first version where this changed -- if indeed it ever did
behave differently -- but I haven't found that version yet.

I don't think I'm going to spend any more time looking, though, since
6.0 takes me back 3 years.  This behavior has been in there for quite a
long time.