[CentOS] Configure wireless USB ethernet

Barry Brimer lists at brimer.org
Sat Jan 11 04:29:19 UTC 2014

<snip>

> Great ... now how do I configure this sucker?  When I turn NM off, that
> interface disappears.  I'm assuming I can create an 'ifcfg-wlan0'
> configuration but what do I need to put in there so it knows to connect to
> my home wireless (with password) and all of that fun and exciting stuff,
> and continue to do that over a reboot.

Using wpa_supplicant.  If it is not installed, yum install
wpa_supplicant and you will need to edit /etc/sysconfig/wpa_supplicant
and /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf.  Examples are in
/usr/share/doc/wpa_supplicant-* or plenty of them online .. You probably
also need to rename/mv the SXXwpa_supplicant in your /etc/rcX.d to start
wpa_supplicant before network.

Barry