[CentOS] Configure wireless USB ethernet

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Sat Jan 11 19:37:10 UTC 2014

Thanks Scott.  Following that page, when I run

wpa_supplicant -Dwext -iwlan0 -cwpa.conf

I get this output:

Trying to associate with e0:46:9a:35:fb:98 (SSID='Nymphadora' freq=2412 MHz)
ioctl[SIOCSIWFREQ]: Device or resource busy
Association request to the driver failed
Associated with e0:46:9a:35:fb:98
WPA: Key negotiation completed with e0:46:9a:35:fb:98 [PTK=CCMP GTK=CCMP]
CTRL-EVENT-CONNECTED - Connection to e0:46:9a:35:fb:98 completed (auth)
[id=0 id_str=]

... and it just sits there.  Doesn't return to the prompt or anything.  In
another terminal, I ran dhclient wlan0 which returned to a prompt, however
now ifconfig shows the interface having an IP given out by the wireless
router.  Great, we have progress.  However, I'm still stuck at the previous
terminal with the above mentioned output, and I also need this to happen
automatically when the system reboots.

Suggestions?