[CentOS] Kickstart deploys more packages?

Darod Zyree darodzyree at gmail.com
Mon Jan 13 12:14:33 UTC 2014

2014/1/13 Lars Hecking <lhecking at users.sourceforge.net>

> Darod Zyree writes:
> > I'm not sure if I understand you fully, you mean the note about package
> > selection not being available in text mode?
>
>  [Top-posting is bad netiquette.]

> <quote>
>  Note that the Core and Base groups are always selected by default, so
>  it is not necessary to specify them in the %packages section.
> </quote>
>
>  Further down,
> <quote>
>  "The following options are available for the %packages option:
>
> --nobase
>     Do not install the @Base group. Use this option to perform a minimal
>     installation, for example, for a single-purpose server or desktop
> appliance.
> </quote>

Sorry for top posting, gmail does that by default.

The only reason I included @core and @server-policy in the kickstart is
that they are listed in /root/anaconda-ks.cfg after a manual installation.

Are you thinking that @base is used in the kickstart installation but
somehow not in a manual installation?