[CentOS] 6.5, minor annoyances

m.roth at 5-cent.us

Mon Jan 13 14:20:15 UTC 2014

I rebuilt my system a couple/three weeks ago, and it's running 6.5, and
there's a couple of minor annoyances: first, all my xterms, when I login
in from the console, always are in ~/Documents, rather than ~. The other
is that, running KDE, I can't find where to turn *off* the stupid
login/logout theme music.* Oh, and I get this enTHUsiastic menu, rather
than the traditional one.

Someone know where I need to go to change this crap? I've already gone
through KDE's setting, and system, and no joy. Nor did grep -L Documents
/etc/*/* find anything....

         mark

* Is it just me, or does the logout music sound like the beginning of the
original Trek Classic tv show theme?