[CentOS] A question about 7

m.roth at 5-cent.us

Mon Jan 13 14:33:09 UTC 2014

I've seen that RHEL 7 beta is out for some time now: is there a CentOS
version of that beta? If not, is it likely to be a real pain, once CentOS
7 is released, to upgrade from RHEL 7 beta to CentOS 7?

Reason for this: at one of my local sf clubs, I've been trying to install
Evergreen, F/OSS library software, on a system, and it's a nightmare. They
seem to have been building it for Ubuntu whateverthelatestanimalis. The
biggest problem is, IIRC, eventhandler and memchached; oh, and it uses
postgresql 9, and nothing else. PGSQL 9 was not a big deal to install, but
the other stuff.... Even trying to build it in /usr/local is a royal mess:
though I've got the dbi installed, ./configure can't find it.

I do see, with a little googling, that everything I need for an older
release of Evergreen should be installable without all this mess.....

      mark