[CentOS] A question about 7

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Tue Jan 14 21:32:41 UTC 2014

Warren Young wrote:
> On 1/13/2014 07:33, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
<snip>
>> Reason for this: at one of my local sf clubs, I've been trying to
install Evergreen, F/OSS library software, on a system, and it's a
nightmare.
>> They seem to have been building it for Ubuntu
whateverthelatestanimalis. The
>> biggest problem is, IIRC, eventhandler and memchached; oh, and it uses
postgresql 9, and nothing else. PGSQL 9 was not a big deal to install,
but the other stuff.... Even trying to build it in /usr/local is a
royal mess:though I've got the dbi installed, ./configure can't find
it.

> Post an actual error message, and someone may be able to help.

That's not a problem, well, the issue, as I said, is that configure can't
find the interface, even when I've given it the correct paths. Can't
really just give it to you, since a) I'm at work, in the DC 'burbs, and b)
the clubhouse is up in Baltimore. Not building it at home - I've got other
things to build (like xtrackcad)....

Thanks for the offer, though. I'm sure there's either some environment
variable it isn't happy with, or is missing, or an option isn't right to
tell it what path to use.

        mark