[CentOS] A question about 7

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Wed Jan 15 02:54:33 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jan 14, 2014 at 8:43 PM, Stephen Harris <lists at spuddy.org> wrote:

> Ultimately what we have is a situation similar to hard disks.  We've got
> used to sd devices changing depending on the order disks are discovered
> in, which is why we use LABEL or UUID.

But those don't work until something has already identified the
device.  If you are old enough, you might remember unix versions that
named disks by controller, bus, target numbers.   Which worked, but
wasn't very human-friendly either.

> The new process is new and therefor bad, wrong, disgusting, an abomination.
>
> But maybe... just maybe... it'll work.

Maybe.  If the names are relative to populated slots, maybe not.

--
  Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com