[CentOS] Mock and Mock again

Connie Sieh csieh at fnal.gov
Wed Jan 15 22:30:35 UTC 2014

On Wed, 15 Jan 2014, James B. Byrne wrote:

> Question:  If I use mock to build package rpmA from tarballA but rpmA has a
> dependency that can only be satisfied by package rpmB which must also be built
> from tarballB then how does the rpmB built from the tarballB get pulled into
> mock when building rpmA?
>
> I am trying to build httpd-2.4.7 from Apache and that needs apr-devel and
> apr-util-devel > 1.4.  I can build apr and apr-utils in mock but I cannot find
> clear instructions on how to get the custom built rpms into the mock build for
> httpd.  I presume that the procedure it is so simple that nobody thinks it
> necessary to write it out but I cannot figure it out on my own.

You add a repo entry to your mock config file that contains your
"dependencies".  This of course could be a local repo.

example below
[devtoolset-packages]
name=devtoolset-packages
baseurl=file:///home/mockbuild/results/devtoolset-1.0/x86_64/
enable=1

The packages in this example are in
/home/mockbuild/results/devtoolset-1.0/x86_64/

Copy your dependency packages to your repo and run createrepo against that
repo to create the yum metadata .

This of course could be the centos repo.  The epel-?-<arch>.cfg files
already "point" to centos repos.

> Do I just build the things in order and leave them in the mock root for the
> subsequent httpd build to find?

-Connie Sieh