[CentOS] Your opinion about RHCSA certification

Michael Klitgaard michael at klitgaard.dk
Fri Jan 17 07:35:03 UTC 2014

Jangs book is really thorough, but if you ask me, it's too big.
I studied for approx. 5 weekends and never made it half way through the
book, due to it being so long and covering way to much. Eg. it covers
sendmail and postfix setup, while postfix is the default. Red Hat's course
only covers postfix.
I took the RH300 rapid course, where there is 4 days classroom training and
1 day exam with both RHCSA and RHCE.
I took the course with out ever setting up an email server or ftp server
before, so it is possible to get through it without knowning everything. I
actually learned a few things on the RHCSA I could use an hour later in the
RHCE exam :)

I scored 300 on RHCSA and 260 on RHCE.